London is amazing!! Everyday is a fabulous adventure of something new! I began the day with class, but after class I went with Brandt and Mari to the Natural History Museum. To tell you the truth, natural history museums are the same everywhere I go, so I wasn't that impressed with the specimans, but I did love the giant grand hall in the entrance. So, my fav part of the natural history museum was the architecture...typical Kylie. :) Also, there were about a bazillion kids there on school trips...good thing the kids have cute accents or else I might have gotten annoyed.
After that museum, I went on the tube (alone, because I'm that cool) and got off at the Westminster tube stop and walked to the Cabinet War Rooms and waited outside there for a few minutes while I waited for some of my friends to get there. Then, Annie, Alexa, and Nicole showed up and together we went to the Winston Churchill museum and Cabinet War Rooms. That is where Churchill would have meetings and it doubled as a bomb shelter for important political figures during WW2. The rooms are preserved exactly as they were left at the end of the war, except I'm pretty sure that the wax figures were not there during the war. :) I thought it was super interesting, though, and I'm really glad I went! Also, I got to leave a picture drawing Winston Churchill, so I took a picture, because it was a particularly good stick figure of mine, and that is saying something.
Also, that day was Big Ben's 150th birthday!! So, we celebrated with dear Ben by taking some wonderful pictures outside. Very London-esque.
After dinner, we all dressed up and made our way out to Covent Garden and the Royal Opera House to see a ballet Ondine. There was almost a ticket disaster for me, but fortunately it was resolved just before the show and I got to sit on the front row of the top tier of the Royal Opera House and watch amazing dancers! The set was soooo cool, too! Loved the ballet!!
tuesday june 2
Today was a beautiful day outside. Sunny and hot. Perfect conditions. We had bridal shower for the four girls on the program who are engaged. Really, it was a blast because we are all friends and we all love those girls and we chipped in to have a really yummy luncheon.
Following the shower, a few girls and I went to Regent's Park. It was gorgeous! The roses were all in bloom and the ducks were floating on the river...love the parks here.
To top off a fantastic day, we went to Wicked! It's the second time I've seen it...the first time was a month ago. And it totally took my break away again! I got the chills listening and watching it! It's an amazing show!!
i love london!

2 comments:
Oh, now that IS a castle!!! Your week looks and sounds amazing. I'm so glad you're having such a great time!
Love you tons!
Love, Mom
You are so beautiful Kylie!
Post a Comment