sunday june 6
We had the best timing, being the study abroad group for Spring semester. We got to go to the regional conference, which was like a stake conference for the whole of the UK and Ireland. And, lucky us, we had amazing leaders come to London (the conference was broadcast from Hyde Park chapel): Sister Dibb, Sister , Elder Anderson, and President Uchtdorf!!!
It was so interesting to feel like part of "you good European Saints" while we heard their messages. I felt so uplifted after hearing their words during the conference, as it was broadcast to a chapel on the other side of London.
In the evening, though, we got to go to the Hyde Park chapel and attend a special YSA fireside where these leaders spoke to us. I cannot deny that President Uchtdorf's talk totally inspired me and I could have listened to him for hours more. He is just an amazing man! He even quoted Harry Potter in his talk: "It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." :)
All in all, a wonderful Sunday. This photo was taken as I walked home through Hyde Park/Kensington Gardens after the fireside. Beautiful, no?
monday june 7
Okay, listen up. In Kensington Gardens, there is a playground themed "Neverland" and it is the Princess Diana memorial playground. This awesome playground is surrounded by tall fences and trees and is only accesible if you are under 10 years old, or are a parent of such a child. Since we, at the London Centre are neither ten years old or younger, neither are we parents, we are not allowed to go in. That is, until monday, when we heard a rumour that people in our situation could enter the park for half an hour in the morning before it opened. So, we took advantage of that, and explored the most awesome playground imaginable.
After our adventures in Neverland, we jaunted over to the Tate Britain for a little while. I love art galleries! I think they are SO cool! To see the actual pieces that the artist himself painted! I mean, Monet really really painted that stroke of this famous piece! Incredible! The Tate Britain actually has a lot of Turner paintings, which is really cool, because I love Turner.
After dinner, three of us went to see Phantom of the Opera!! Loved it!
tuesday june 8
Tuesday consisted of a jaunt through Chinatown, a completed pilgrimage to Platform 9 3/4, and seeing The Lion King on stage. Good day.
and i love london!

1 comment:
Yay for platform 9 3/4!! President Uchtdorf came to my stake conference at BYU two years ago and also quoted Harry Potter. Everyone was so excited that an apostle had read it!
Post a Comment