Note: Do NOT buy tickets for a train that leaves at 7 in the morning, especially if you are not a morning person. We were very very tired. We got up at 5.
Anyway, our first stop in Bath was to tour the ancient Roman baths! This was amazing, because the baths were built by the Romans in the first century AD and the water comes from warm springs and it was so interesting! Also, picturesque. And, the baths are just right in the middle of the town.
After the Roman baths, we went to have a brunch at the Pumproom, of Northanger Abbey fame. We tried the water from the baths (warm and minerally. sick.) and then pretended we were posh as we ate our crumpets and jam, listening to the string quartet. I love England.
If you are familiar at all with Bath, then you have heard of or seen the Royal Cresent. This was our next stop. It was exactly as I had hoped it would look! I wanted to pretend I was running after Captain Wentworth, but decided that I was enough of tourist already with my shopping bags without making a scene down the Royal Cresent. :) Following the Royal Cresent, we toured the fashion museum. Some parts were interactive a.k.a. we got to dress up in corsets. You must note that during all of this, there was tons of shopping to be done, including discovering a wonderful shop that is one of my favorite stores ever. It is called Apricot. Pretty sure I bought two dresses there. Love it.
We ate lunch at Sully Lunn's, which is situated in the oldest house in Bath. We ate the famous (and yummy) Sally Lunn rolls and chatted in the old townhouse before we went to walk through Bath Abbey and then explored some more shops. Including chocolate shops. mmmmm.
Then, sad day, we had to leave this wonderful place called Bath and headed back to London. What a wonderful day!
"Bath is a charming place, sir; there are so many good shops here."-- Northanger Abbey, Jane Austen

1 comment:
Hey! Looks fun! Guess what! I'm taking geology right now and we just learned about that exact hot bath! That's so cool that you were actually there! It's like a natural hot tub! :)
Post a Comment