WE WENT TO THE TOWER OF LONDON!
But, before that, I must describe my excitingly independent morning. I woke up a bit late, even after eleven hours of sleep, because I have a wee bit of a cold, so I figure the best way to rid myself of this hinderance is to get a little more rest and eat more fruit. So, I woke up at 9:30 and showered and then I headed over to Whitley's, which is a mall sort of place, but they have a grocery store there called Marks&Spencer, where I proceeded to buy a bag of clementines and then I stopped at a little kiosk to buy chocolate-covered cranberries to munch on during the day. I then stopped at Starbucks on my way back to the Centre, and bought orange juice and a muffin. I ate my breakfast on the front steps of the Centre, already feeling much better.
Okay, so here's the exciting part of the day: the infamous Tower of London.
I have always been so fascinated with the history of England, especially with Henry VIII and his wives and I know there's so much more about the Tower of London than just Henry, but that is what introduced me to the Tower of London. Then, I learned more and more about it. I can't explain it all now, but you're welcome to read more about it here.
So, we get there and I did NOT realize how huge it is! We meandered along the wall and into the towers and on the green and in the White Tower and saw where Anne Boleyn (among others) was beheaded, and read about the history or the place and I soaked every minute of it in. Some of you may know why I needed such acurate mental/photographic evidence of the place....
Anyway, I loved the Tower of London!!!
We came back for dinner, ventured out for dessert, and I took some photos of the London Centre interior for you to see where I live. Some people went out to see a movie tonight, but I need to get my rest because I'm planning on getting better by tomorrow.
I LOVE LONDON!!!

3 comments:
sister. i'm so glad you finally got to go to the tower of london. were any of your previous depictions accurate? wow, you are going to make so much more money now that you are accurate. you are supacool. i hope you are having fun and get better. british colds are worse than american colds i hear.
Love your Tower photos on Facebook. Now, how 'bout a blog update? Love you tons!
Your blog is sooo yesterday--actually it is so five days ago. How about an update! Love you sweetie!
Post a Comment