It's the day I went to PORTOBELLO ROAD!!!!
Saturday is market day, so there are a bazillion people and shops and antiques and food! I wanted to buy all the lovely fruit and the yummy bread and the divine chocolate! I fell in love with the jewelry (cue squeaky old woman from bedknobs and broomsticks: "beautiful crystals!"). I also looked at old prints, etc.... It was so so so fun!! I cannot wait to go bad on another Saturday. I'm glad we went in the morning because we were there for 3 1/2 hours, leaving around noon, and it was super busy. I didn't take any pics there today (there are numerous signs telling everyone that pickpockets abound in the area) so I decided to simply observe today and bring my camera another day. So, I will have a camera day another day and you will see the awesomeness of busking and busy market day!
And yes, I have been singing "Portobello Road" all day long. "Portobello Road, Portobello Road...."
After our day at the market, we read in the park, and I finished "The Castle of Otranto" by Horace Walpole. I liked it fine. It's really old and there are no quotations when they go into dialogue, so it's pretty confusing. Also, hardly any paragraphs, so once you start a chapter, you pretty much have to commit to the end because good luck finding your place again. But, the plot was okay, and I think I could adapt it to be a screenplay and it might actually be enjoyable. In a gothic novel sort of way, complete with dark corridors, apparitions, jealous men, handsome peasants, and swooning princesses. Not as cool as I just made it sound. That's why I will adapt it for screen. Then it will be like I just described. :)
Tonight a huge group of us when to eat an Indian food place that is close to where we live. I love Indian food, so I thought the restaurant was quite good. I will definitely have to go back and try it again. For post-dinner fun, we walked off the dinner by walking along the Thames as the sun was setting and the lights were just coming on over the river. Love it. It is now one of my very very favorite things.
I LOVE LONDON!!!!!
p.s. sorry for no pics today. i didn't load my night pics and didn't take any portobello pics today. so, just enjoy my turn of phrase. and look at past posts if you missed them. and look at my albums on facebook. :)
Saturday, May 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Ahh! I LOVE Portobello Road!
Post a Comment