Saturday, May 16, 2009

cornish pixies

Our English road-trip to Cornwall was absolutely amazing!! Cornwall is the the southwestern-most part of England and it's beautiful!
I left you at our second day in Cornwall. We left our hotel in the morning and made our way to Tintagel. Tintagel is my very favorite part of our Cornwall trip. It is the supposed birthplace of the supposed King Arthur. It is very epic, there. Seriously, that is the word to describe this place: epic. Castle ruins upon cliffs. Again, epic.


Also, Cornish pasties are very delicious. Like handheld pot-pies. Mmmm. One of the very best things that happened to us was the DVD market stand right before we got back on the coach. Everyone (okay, twenty of us) chipped in a pound each in order to buy all 5 Harry Potter DVDs. THAT is what I call bus fun. Harry Potter is magical.

After a delightful (oozing sarcasm) coach ride, we went to a random beach. I'm really not sure what it was called, but there was nothing there except the beach and I loved the beach. It was a jacket beach. (There are jacket beaches and swimsuit beaches. This was a jacket beach.) It was just invigorating to breathe that fresh sea air and to run around on the sand! The water was freezing, but it was SO clear and I love the sound of waves crashing epic-ly on the rocks.


Yes, I love beaches. Even jacket beaches. Actually, especially jacket beaches. You can be pretty sure I was the first one with my shoes off running towards the water whilst everyone was watching with their shoes on from a safe distance. Eventually they all followed my lead. I'm pretty much a trend-setter.


We made it back to the hotel in Polperro, where we swam in the posh swimming pool. Then, we had good times by about ten people coming to our room, where we made hot chocolate and read Harry Potter aloud (using voices). Best day ever!
Our last Cornwall day (yesterday) was a day that began with us waking up just as the fog was rolling in over the beach and we could hear the foghorn and the waves. We left Falmouth after breakfast. Today was a rainy little day and I’m glad that it was rainy today instead of yesterday when we were hiking around on cliffs! Our first stop came after two hours of restless bus sleep (I did fall asleep but I was exhausted by the time I heard Dr. Durham’s “wakey, wakey….”).

We toured the Exeter Cathedral and had lunch (mmmm. Pasties.) before climbing back onto the bus and driving another two hours while watching Harry Potter 2, which came in the set that we all chipped in to buy for bus fun.



After our long middle drive, we arrived at Jane Austen’s home. It was the cutest little place; actually not really little because it had two floors, but it was just super quaint. I could totally imagine the little lady that was Jane Austen creating her Elizabeth Bennett there. It was really very charming.


And I did not want to get back on the bus.
But I did. And I got some sort of foul excuse for sleep until we got back to Palace Court. We ate a fun little place called Nando’s and I had a chicken pita and “chips” a.k.a. fries before coming back to our flat in Palace Court. I should have gone to bed. Instead, I watched a movie up in the classroom.
I'm not gonna lie, I have either allergies or a cold. Which means it's time for bed now. I'll catch you up on today tomorrow.
I LOVE ENGLAND!!!!

2 comments:

Cole said...

So delightful!

Unknown said...

what you read hp aloud with voices?! i thought you used whispers...jk

bye ky
Love Jamie