We left London and drove for a total of four/fiveish hours today. Today was quite drizzly - just a side note. Our stops included the beautifully rustic and charming town of Polperro. It is a coastal village and it was gorgeous! The tide was low, so I walked across the damp sand, feeling the sea air blow and play with my hair as I climbed the rocks to view the panaroma of the village on one side and the open ocean on the other. I would love to come back to this place.
Our other stop today was a brief stop in Truro, to look at the cathedral.
Our final destination, which we have not fully explored yet, is another coastal town called Falmouth. We are staying in a Best Western hotel, and it's right across the street from the ocean! I lucked out on my hotel room, too, because our room has a balcony facing the ocean and I can hear the waves crashing steadily from right here on my bed. I loved the sound of the ocean. But, I can testify that this ocean is freaking freezing. Yes, I got in. Submerged. Completely. Only three of us can proudly claim that we got into the ocean all the way. Swimsuits, underwater, salt water, freezing cold, then running back across the street to the hotel to get in the hot tub (which wasn't hot) and then a nice warm shower, followed by pleasant chatting amongst friends. I have the best life.
I LOVE ENGLAND!!!

2 comments:
your assignment is to go find the cave where Tom Riddle hid the first horcrux. Go.
Also, I'm jealous and glad you are having so much fun!
I'm so glad you're getting a break from your difficult studies in London! Love you tons!
Post a Comment